Certified CMMC Professional (CCP) training course.
This Certified CMMC Professional (CCP) course will assist students with an understanding of the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) standard. The Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification CMMC, supported by the CMMC Accreditation Body (CMMC-AB). An Organization Seeking Certification (OSC) will be assessed against the CMMC to ensure compliance with applicable cybersecurity policies, practices and plans to increase their security posture. It’s expected by FY 2026, all organizations providing non-off the shelf products or services to the United States Department of Defense (DoD) must obtain CMMC.
This course prepares students for the Certified CMMC Professional (CCP) certification, which permits the CCP to participate as an assessment team member under the supervision of a Certified CMMC Assessor. The CCP certification is a prerequisite for additional Certified Assessor certifications (CCA-1, CCA-3, and CCA-5)
Prerequisites to apply for CCP certification:
The CMMC-AB has established prerequisites to apply for CCP certification:
- College degree in a cyber or information technical field with 2+ years of experience; or
- 2+ years of equivalent experience (including military) in a cyber, information technology, or assessment field.
- Please refer to the CMMC-AB website (https:/ / www.cmmcab.org) for current requirements.
SteelToad limits class size to 25 max.
We focus on the integrity of the instruction.
The number of students in the class makes a difference.
SteelToad has trained over 800 students (17 countries and 42 states) virtually. We know it is imperative to offer smaller classes, allowing all students to have the time (and attention) to ask questions, clarify course concepts and process feedback in a class with the potential of many different student skill sets and backgrounds.
Who should attend the CMMC-AB Certified Professional (CCP) Course?
- If you want to take the first step to be part of the CMMC-AB ecosystem as a CMMC Certified Assessor and/or a CMMC Certified Instructor. This is the first step to gain certification as a CMMC assessment team member (CA-1, CA-3, and CA-5).
- If you want to gain highly valuable knowledge about the CMMC model and its requirements for your organization.
- If you are a cybersecurity and technology consultant and/or are interested in providing consultancy services for the CMMC preparation within organizations.
- This course is for you if you work for Department of Defense (DoD) contractors or have a role in the Defense Industrial Base (DIB) and your company seeks CMMC certification
Prior to Training:
Prior to training, students need to register for a CPN (CMMC-AB Professional Number). Students submit an online application to the CMMC-AB which creates a unique CMMC-AB registration number. The fee to register for a CPN is $200.00 https://cmmcab.org/assessors-lp/
SteelToad offers two methods to register and pay for the CMMC Certified Professional (CCP) course.
- We will be happy to invoice you/your organization prior to the training. This link requests the information we require to invoice your organization: https://steeltoad.com/product/cmmc-ab-certified-professional-course-pay-by-invoice/
- There is also an option to purchase the course via credit card. This link will guide you through registration and purchase with a credit card: https://steeltoad.com/product/cmmc-ab-certified-professional-course/.
- After you register for a seat in the SteelToad CCP course, we will send you a welcome email with all details regarding the virtual course, expectations, information on course materials and other details.
CCP Course Objectives:
In this course, students will learn about the CMMC model, framework, context, and application within the Department of Defense, as well as the expectations and requirements imposed upon organizations that do business with the Department of Defense. Students will learn to identify threats to cybersecurity and privacy within an Internet of Things (IoT) ecosystem and implement appropriate countermeasures.
- Identify the sensitive information to be protected within the defense supply chain and
- the established regulations and standards for managing risk.
- Describe how the CMMC model ensures compliance with federal acquisitions regulations.
- Identify responsibilities of the Certified CMMC Professional, including appropriate ethical behavior.
- Establish the Certification and Assessment scope boundaries for evaluating the systems to protect regulated information.
- Evaluate OSC readiness and determine the objective evidence you intend to present to the assessor.
- Use the CMMC Assessment Guides to assess objective evidence for processes and practices.
- Implement and evaluate practices required to meet CMMC Level 1 .
- Identify processes and practices required to meet CMMC Level 2 and Level 3..
- Identify processes and practices required to meet CMMC Level 4 and Level 5.
- As a CCP, work through the logistics of a CMMC assessment
Currently, SteelToad is offering the CCP course virtually.
There is an exam associated with the Certified CMMC Professional (CCP) course. **NOTE: CMMC-AB has estimated that the CCP exam will be ready and released in February 2022. After completion of the CCP training course, students must register and pay for the exam through the CMMC-AB. Initially the CMMC-AB allowed Licensed Training Providers (LTP) to provide exam voucher. This policy has changed. All exam vouchers must be purchased through the CMMC-AB. The fee for an individual Certified CMMC Professional (CCP) exam is $275.00, which includes the first year of certification. The CMMC-AB estimates that annuals certification fees for Certified CMMC Professionals will be $150.00 per each year following the first certification year.
- Founder and CEO of SteelToad Consulting with the passion for delivering effective technology and cyber solutions, and establishing best practice processes for all clients, with impeccable integrity and attention to detail.
- CMMI appraiser since 2013. CMMI Instructor (Development Model, Services Model, Data Model).
- Highly experienced program and technical professional with certifications including SCRUM Master, CMMC Provisional Assessor, CMMC Provisional Instructor, CMMI Instructor, CMMI Lead Appraiser for Medical Device Discovery, Development, Services, Supply Management, and Data Management, CMMI Enterprise Data Management Expert (EDME), ISO 9001, ISO 20000, ISO 27001, and ISO13485 Lead Auditor.
- Extensive knowledge and 25 years technology solution delivery experience in the solutions and cyber technology field, holding cyber certifications as a CISSP and an accredited ISACA professional instructor for Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) and Certified Information Systems Manager (CISM), and the Cybersecurity Maturity Model (CMMC) Certification.
We know you have choices. Thank you for choosing SteelToad.
If you have any questions please contact Erica at Erica.Hanson@steeltoad.com
We are happy to help!